At todays position report we learned that we are on the right team concerning the Storm Trysail Trophy. Oaxaca has sailed up to second in the Santa Cruz class and Azure also holds that position in the Cal 40 class. We are leading and extended the distance to next boat again and have close to 100 miles + rating advantage to number 2 in our division. Our team; Naughty blue Tequila (not team 113) have 1,2,2 and the next team have 3,4,5. It is close race in the two other classes but especially Oaxaca has had a great comeback after a slow start, so we have good hopes.
If we succeed with finding Honolulu, and also maintain our lead in division 9, we will have a trophy for the division, but also a Navigators trophy. Judging by the number of sailing boats around us, and planes that we guess are going to Hawaii, we are confident that we will find our way.
We have to admit that we did not manage to grab the following trophies this time:
– Barn Door: First monohull to finish. Since we are still out on the blue and Comanche got there a couple of days ago, this will be tough to claim..
– Merlin Trophy: Best elapsed time (Monohull with normal keel etc). The Rio 100 took this one.
– Best multihull: Looking at us, at least we look like half a multihull.. Anyway, the quickest one did the 2225 miles quicker than us, in 4 ½ days!
– Since we are struggling with uploading photos, we may have to admit losing out on the media trophy as well.
– Maybe one of us should try to go for outstanding Crew member?
As you can see, there are trophies that are going to be handed out. 3 would be a great number for us!