After tricky sailing in the first part of the night with big wind shifts and variable strength the wind dropped and we have been running the engine since. We are expecting to do that through this night too but after that we will have wind to sail on in to the coast. It`s not going to be the easiest sailing as we must pass a low-pressure system on the way. We still haven`t decided if we are going to go north or south. If we are going north we will have a period of wind from the east (yeah – the exact bearing to San Francisco), and if we are going to pass to south of the system we will have a bit longer way to go and get a sharper angle to sail on the wind for the last 250 NM. The decision will be taken during the next 12 hours, again in cooperation with our weather guru back home, Mads.
Karl Otto woke up to the smell of fantastic bakery this morning; bread, cinnamon rolls and raisin buns. maybe – but haven’t got any translation program for that last bakery. (rosinbolle – hakke google translate!). In other words – a great food day!
WHAT! Someone was just making noise on the VHF – that must mean we are not totally alone out here! 575 miles left to go, and yes, we have seen two other ships today too.
Hopefully we will have OK, or at least relatively quick sailing conditions for the rest of the trip and it looks like we will arrive in San Francisco some time on Thursday.
If you are sending us bottle post you would like to have replied, please write your e-mail address as we cannot see where they come from!